Have you ever tried sugar waxing? Are you tired of hair removal appointments or you simply can’t find time for it? Or maybe you are looking for a natural way to get rid of unwanted hair? In all these cases, our homemade sugar wax paste is the answer!
Don’t waste your money on expensive sugaring hair removal in spas or beauty centers! We’ll tell you how to make your own hair sugar wax at home easy and fast.
Sugar wax is an easy and inexpensive way to remove unwanted hair. Many people confuse sugaring with Brazilian waxing but there are some differences: Unlike waxing, sugar paste wax does not require the use of cloth strips and is used at room temperature. Compared to traditional waxing, sugar waxing is less painful, softer to the skin and causes much less irritation. It is 100% natural and more environmentally conscious than traditional wax. It leaves the skin very smooth, and the effects of sugar wax last much longer. Of course, you need to be careful not to use the sugar wax when it’s too hot because it can burn your skin! Overall, sugaring is a more gentle hair removal method because it attached to the hair, not to your skin. What’s the best thing about it, is that you can easily make sugar wax at home!
What you need to make sugar wax?
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
How to make sugar wax at home?
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, stir them gently and simmer over low heat.
- Allow the mixture to thicken and turn into a golden-brown caramel shade.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon, making sure the sugar crystals dissolve. Within a few minutes, it will thicken considerably and take on a syrupy consistency. Be careful not to let it burn.
- As soon as the mixture turns into a darker brown, turn off the heat, and let the forming wax cool for a couple of minutes (the sugaring paste should be at body temperature). Do not use it hot!
- Now your sugar wax is ready. Sprinkle baby powder all over the area you want to wax. This helps the sugar stick to the hair.
- Apply where desired and wait a few seconds to give it time to sink into the pores. This helps it to grip to the skin better. To remove it, use a flicking motion going in the same direction that the hair grows. Use a new piece of sugar when it stops feeling stretchy. The leftover wax can be definitely reused, so put it in a storage container and leave it in the fridge. If you want to use it again, warm it up for about 10 seconds in the microwave (remember not to warm it up too much!).
- Immediately after sugar waxing, wash the skin with warm water and apply a moisturizing and soothing lotion.
To make your skin even more smooth and radiant, check out our True Beauty Collagen Drink. It contains scientifically proven PEPTAN® collagen and hyaluronic acid to reduce lines and wrinkles and to make your skin look healthy and radiant.